
Every Monday night our family has set aside some time to spend together as a family playing games, reading stories, baking a new recipe, or having lessons. Well, last night it was mommy's turn to do F.H.E. and I decided to do a lesson with my family. It was more so a questionnaire from my childrens christian magazine published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the church our family attends).
I was reviewing with my family about how much they knew about Joseph Smith the prophet that restored the gospel to the earth and I was so impressed and touched that Herb and I started to tear up! Usually as a parent, you think your kids are never listening especially when you feel like you're sharing something very close to your heart, it just doesn't sink in. Well, Herb and I must be doing something right, because what we are saying and teaching are sinking in for sure!
So our lesson was about Joseph Smith and the First Vision. There were a few questions such as 'how old was Joseph Smith when he had this vision...who appeared to him'...and so forth. Well, one of the questions I asked was, "What did Heavenly Father say to Joseph Smith during this vision?" Elijah impressed me from memory and no help from dad or myself...This was Elijah's answer...
"This is my Beloved Son, Hear Him! Heavenly Father, I think, pointed to Jesus Christ-right?"
I was so proud of Elijah that he knew this from memory. Herbie and I were so impressed we were both in tears! Logan then started saying it too, and it became the coolest thing ever to talk about Joseph Smith the modern day Prophet!
The best part was not yet to come though. I am really sick with allergies right now, and I told the boys that refreshments would have to come tomorrow because I'm really sick...Logan wanted to say prayer, so during his closing prayer, he blessed the ice cream, and asked Heavenly Father to please let mama and daddy take him, brother and sister to ice cream, and he closed his prayer!
I couldn't resist this most sincere request from my 2 year old, so we all got dressed after F.H.E. and headed out for ice cream! Logan's prayer was answered and our ice cream was blessed and super yummy!
This has been my most favorite Family Night yet-I'm sure we'll have many more to come, but by far the most memorable!
